It's been a great first couple of months back in Wisconsin. I've been really lucky to be able to contribute to a ton of great music making with the fantastic talent pool that this area has to offer. Looking forward, I am excited to be a part of some really great events coming up throughout the rest of the year. Here's a few highlights of what you can expect soon.
- Continued live gigs at Shanghai Bistro, The Firehouse, Acoustic Cafe, and hopefully the grand opening of UWEC's newest venue "The Lookout" (known previously at Higherground).
- A featured slot at Minneapolis' favorite musician run club, Jazz Central, with my trio featuring Josh Gallagher, and Matt Peterson. Wednesday, October 30th. 8:30 pm, $5 suggested donation with a $5 discounted CD price for all in attendance!
- A quick 5 day tour with nationally touring vocal jazz group, Five by Design, featuring a stop at UW-Platteville on Thursday November 21st.
- Travelling to the PASIC convention in November in Indianopolis. Drummers from around the world, get at me, let's hang! Hoping to see my really great friends from Bosphorus Cymbals and listen to all their new products!
- Three weeks of some brief touring and gigging with one of my favorite pianist, based of LA, John Schwerbel. Catch us around Milwaukee, Madison, Oshkosh, Eau Claire, Appleton, Green Bay, and other places!
- Performance with Denver based saxophonist, Pete Sommer, at UWEC on Wednesday November 6th.
Additionally, I'm looking forward to a few recording projects in the works as well as some other exciting things that are currently underway. Also want to give a quick shout out to recent guest at UWEC, Marshall Gilkes. What a fantastic weekend working so closely with a highly respected jazz artist. He has a great perspective on music and life, and was kind enough to give us locals a real taste at what the world farther out looks like. I feel blessed to have been able to play with him a few times over the weekend, and really respect his views on music! Go check out his stuff if you haven't alread